An article on the Brainerd Dispatch website published last December 5, 2013 details several steps that the Better Business Bureau (BBB) advises homeowners to take when they are looking for a professional to deal with a roof problem common in winter:
Before hiring a company to deal with ice dams on your roof, here are some things you should do first:
- Check out the company’s record with the BBB at bbb.org, http://www.bbb.org or by calling 1-800-646-6222.
- Make sure the company has insurance and their workers are covered under workers’ compensation.
- Get estimates from multiple companies.
- Ask how much experience each company has working on roofs and ice dams, as well as what techniques they’ll be using to remove the ice dams. Less intrusive techniques may reduce potential damage to your roofing.
- Watch out for someone who pulls up in a truck and tells you they can ‘save you some money.’ Your roof is an integral part of your home and it’s not something you want to cut corners on. You may end up regretting it.
A number of homeowners do their best to prevent ice dams from forming on their property, as well as remove these if ever they form. However, doing so on their own can lead to their roof becoming damaged further and can put them at risk of suffering injuries from possible roofing accidents. Hiring a professional Lewisville roofing company to deal with ice dams always proves to be the smarter choice, as a trained roofer can ensure both the proper maintenance of the roof and the safety of the property owners.
Following the advice of the BBB can help homeowners see to it that they get their money’s worth when it comes to the roofing services they receive. It can also prevent them from experiencing the inconveniences associated with working with unscrupulous or sub-par roofing companies.
To get the best possible work done on their roofs, locals can hire reliable Lewisville roofers, such as those from Cooley Roofing & Construction, who are duly accredited by the BBB. These certified professionals also possess extensive roofing experience in their area. This helps ensure that clients receive roofing services that are best suited for their homes and the local climate.
(Article Excerpt and Image from “Advice on Dealing with Ice Dams”, Brainerd Dispatch, December 5, 2013)